Oh, this blog has brought me so much happiness since it launched in September 2009. Who knew I could go from zero readers to 811 in one month? Man, this blows my mind. Thank you in advance for reading!
I started writing for me in seventh grade, back when the problems I encountered were the world’s, or at least I thought they were. I wrote through tears mostly in lines and stanzas, upon any kind of writing surface: lined paper, middle school agenda pages, scrap paper, notepads in hotel rooms, and eventually my Sticky Notes app on my Droid phone. I write when a thought enters my mind and it sounds too good to keep to myself. I share my creative works with the world now. These words are mine, all of them. Even copyrighted.
– CURRENT: High School English teacher
– Iowa State University Post-Bachelor graduate in Secondary English Education (2013)
– Published author of “Flash Kids Preschool Activities” six-book series – (Pub. date Jan. 2012 at Barnes and Noble)
– Former editorial intern for Sterling Publishing’s educational imprint Flash Kids in New York City (2010-2011)
– Iowa State University alumnus with a Bachelor degree in Journalism and Mass Communication (2010)
– New York University Summer Publishing Institute alumnus – Certificate in Publishing (2010) Read more about it under my “NYC Summer” page.
– Freelance writer and editor for various publications and publishing houses throughout the United States (Always looking for more opportunities – firstname.lastname@example.org)
– Chain reader of Young Adult literature, dystopian series, and memoir. But I love a classic Walt Whitman
– Been involved in many student organizations including: SPJ, First Amendment Day Committee, Iowa State Daily, Ethos Magazine, and Sketch Literary Journal
Please subscribe to my blog in the right-hand column and once a new post is up, an email will be sent to you with a link. Check back frequently and become an active reader and editor by posting comments – good or critical. Enjoy!